What is Preventive Dentistry?
The Raven Dental team provides routine oral exams, X-rays, dental cleanings, sealants, and professional fluoride treatments to stop early dental problems before they can harm you. Our goal is to keep your teeth healthy and strong for the rest of your life. According to the American Dental Association (ADA) children and adults should receive preventive dental care regularly for optimal oral health.
When is Preventive Dental Care Recommended?
It’s important to work on preventing dental diseases from birth and throughout your lifetime. You should schedule dental examinations and cleanings at least twice each year, or every 6 months. Dr. Raven often recommends more frequent visits for anyone who has a higher risk for dental problems.
Who Benefits from Preventive Dentistry?
Everyone! For children, preventive dental care provides the best chance for ensuring that new teeth are healthy and strong as they develop. We use dental sealants and prescription-strength fluoride treatments to help prevent decay in children’s teeth. For adults, our preventive dentistry procedures are aimed at preventing the damage that could lead to premature tooth loss or pain.
What are the Benefits of Preventive Dental Care?
Regular preventive dental care is good for your whole body, and here’s why:
- Improving your oral health can lower your risk for cavities, gum disease, and other serious dental problems.
- It promotes and reinforces good oral hygiene habits, like brushing at least twice a day and daily flossing.
- The extent and cost of treating common dental problems can be minimized with early detection and intervention
- Routine visits enables the dentist to fully examine your mouth, jaw, and neck to identify potential or underlying health problems.
- Good oral health can reduce the dental problems associated with some chronic medical conditions like diabetes, osteoporosis, some forms of cancer, and certain eating disorders. If you have chronic conditions, regular preventive dental care is essential for your overall health.
Our team will work with you to design the preventive dental treatment plan that is perfect for you. Contact us today to get started.